Bat Trang, which is located far approximately 10 kilometers from Hanoi center (the capital city of Vietnam), is a long-standing handicraft village. Bat Trang Ceramic Village is famous for manufacturing porcelain and pottery. Thanks to the location, Bat Trang could take advantages of the rich in clay to create high quality ceramics
Bat Trang is famous for its high quality porcelain and pottery products in both domestic markets and global. There are three main types of ceramics which are classified depending on the different using purposes, specifically:
– Utilitarian wares: plates, bowls, teacups, kettles, wine bottles, flowerpots, vases, jar…
– Cult wares: lamp stands, candle holders, incense burner, altar boxes, swords…\
– Decorative objects: house models, altars, statues and architectural fixture
Activities in Bat Trang Ceramic Village
– Visitors could see the whole process of manufacturing products in two ways: traditional kiln and modern one
– Visitors cannot pass up a great chance to try making pottery by themselves. They will experience shaping clay and painting in some raw items. The artisans here will help to fire your pottery so that you could bring your final products come home.
A bowl, a vase or other ceramic things made by you could be a unique present for your friends or yourself.
– Besides, visitors could go around and buy some ceramic products as souvenirs for your trip.